Lecturer in Business
DGHE is the higher education division of David Game College. Established in 1974, the College is Ofsted inspected, QAA reviewed, and OfS registered with a reputation for quality and academic excellence.
The School of Business and Management is looking to recruit a full-time permanent Lecturer to manage, and deliver modules on, our BA Business Top-up and BA Business Management (with Foundation) programmes. The duties for the post holder will include ensuring efficient programme delivery, academic administration and student support, and teaching-related duties, such as preparing course content, including e-learning and blended learning, designing and assessing exams and assessments and providing quality feedback to students.
Delivery is in college: therefore, attendance is required, although some WFH time will be permitted.
Applicants will be expected to:
- Hold a Master’s degree in a relevant subject
- Have substantial HE teaching experience
- Have excellent subject knowledge and passion for the field
- Have professional industry experience in at least one business specialism
- Ideally, hold a teaching qualification or Fellowship status with Advance HE (minimum FHEA) or be willing to achieve the same
- Have demonstrable MS Office skills and VLE experience
- Be willing to work as part of a team to ensure all students reach their full potential
- Be willing to participate in professional development
We are looking for a lecturer who can bring practical experience to the academic content taught to students from various backgrounds and help them achieve their educational and career goals. The sessions must be interactive, attractive, informative and, most of all, motivational to adult learners.
We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable teaching a range of subjects within the business.
The College is a friendly environment which offers excellent support, placing a strong emphasis on continuous professional development.
Closing date for applications: 31st March 2023
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Attachments: Lecturer in Business Job Description and Person Specification March 2023 v1
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- DGHE Centre
- London (Central)
- £38,000 - £42,000 per annum
- Subject Area
- Business Studies and Economics
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Full Time