Floristry Course Leader - 25.2 hours per week
25.2 hours per week
salary is negotiable depending on experience – 35 days holiday (pro-rata)
Westminster City Council is committed to creating a Fairer City where people are born into a supportive and safe environment, grow and learn throughout their lives, build fantastic careers in world-leading industries. Westminster Adult Education Service (WAES) is the City Council’s adult education service and the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest nationally.
Our recent Ofsted was good overall with outstanding features and will enable us to grow and develop as an organization and want someone who shares our vision of attaining excellence to join our passionate and highly skilled leadership team. We provide life-changing learning opportunities for our learners through our qualification courses, apprenticeship programmes and extensive community-based provision. We work to adapt to the changing needs of our communities – resulting in a dynamic atmosphere where ambition, diversity and creativity are celebrated.
If you want to join an organisation that makes a difference in people’s lives, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for an innovative Floristry Course Leader, to inspire and provide a transformative education to our adult learners (19+) from in and around London, as well as develop your skills across the service.
You will be responsible for the portfolio of Floristry courses providing teaching, learning and assessments across our provision, monitoring learners performance with opportunities to support them, ensuring they are challenged, inspired, complete their work in a timely manner, and excel in achievement.
- You will have proven experience in industry and teaching Floristry to adults at Levels 1 to Level 3
- You will have a qualification in the subject area at Level 4 or above
- A recognised teaching qualification. Minimum Certificate in Education and Training (Level 5) or equivalent Able to continuously develop and grow the curriculum to make it relevant to the future workplace Able to provide advice, guidance and support to learners Willing to support the Head of Creative Industries to achieve the service’s strategic objectives Able to take ownership of the end of year shows – organisation and curation
What we offer:
We are passionate about our aim to be an inclusive workplace for all that reflects the communities we serve, and we believe everyone is valued.
We particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds, including BAME, LGBTQ+ and those with hidden or visible disabilities.
The Service offers a competitive salary, employment benefits including a public sector pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and opportunities for Continuous Professional Development.
The closing date to apply for this post is 9am Monday 20 March 2023.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 29 March 2023.
Please quote reference number ED/WAES/2083.
A Basic DBS is required for this post.
CVs will not be accepted for this post.
- Westminster Adult Education Service
- London (Central)
- £22,945 - £30,188 per annum for working 25.2 hours per week
- Subject Area
- Agricultural, Horticulture and Animal Care, Arts, Crafts and Design
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Contract Type
- Part Time