Course Lead Electrical Provision (HC085)
- Luminate Education Group
- Harrogate, North Yorkshire
- £32,314 to £34,220 per annum + Market Supplement £4,000
- 08 Feb 2023
- 19 Feb 2023
- Subject Area
- Engineering, Property and Maintenance
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support, Curriculum / Course Management
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Harrogate College are recruiting for a Course Lead Electrical Provision.
The Ideal candidate would be a qualified Electrical Installer and have a Teaching qualification, A1 and V1 or a desire to achieve these. Experience of delivering City & Guilds qualifications would be an advantage.
If you have the relevant industry experience and wish to start teaching as a career, we will support you with your teacher training as part of the package.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, planning and delivery of the curriculum to learners at Level 1-3 and CPD courses.
- Lead, inspire and support learners with different abilities and learning styles.
- Interview and complete initial assessments of the learners’ skills within the subject.
- Deliver and assess work, giving regular appropriate developmental feedback and maintain records of learners’ progress and development.
- Identify and plan additional support and interventions for learners as necessary.
- Act as company representatives at parents’ evenings, taster days and open days.
- Manage learner behaviour and apply appropriate and effective measures in line with College policies.
- Ensure that safeguarding, prevent and equality and diversity policies are always followed, and concerns are reported accordingly.
- Keep up to date with all mandatory training and ensure it is logged appropriately
- Contribute to the Department Self Assessment Report.
- We are in search of an inspirational and enthusiastic Teacher who can work as part of the teaching team to ensure learners achieve the appropriate qualifications while developing the learners’ employability, personal and social skills.
- The Ideal candidate would be a qualified Electrical Installer and have a Teaching qualification, A1 and V1 or a desire to achieve these. Experience of delivering City & Guilds qualifications would be an advantage.
- Committed to self development with respect to staying up to date, improving the College's output and widening the curriculum.
- Have the ability to work unsupervised to produce plans, Schemes of Learning and appropriate learning materials for new courses.
- IT literacy would be an advantage (Google/Office).
WHAT WE DO
We are a growing Engineering department, based in Harrogate. We are passionate about sustainability and Green Sector Skills and as part of this are developing a curriculum to meet the needs of industry and local employers. We deliver to 16-18, 19+ on part time and full time basis and apprentices. We offer pathways in Automotive, Construction and Electrical Installation.
The department is dynamic and have a range of staff straight from industry along with those that have been in education for quite a period, all bring knowledge and experience to the table and are enthusiastic to share with the learners.
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.