HE Bids and Projects Co-ordinator (LCC3700)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £31,314 to £33,220 per annum
- 08 Feb 2023
- 27 Feb 2023
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Quality and Standards, Sales and Marketing
- Contract Type
- Full Time
WHAT WE DO
This is an exciting opportunity to join the University Centre Leeds team to develop innovation, support, teaching, learning and assessment across the provision. University Centre Leeds are passionate about continuous improvement and raising quality to ensure successful outcomes for students. This includes working collaboratively internally and externally to raise the profile of University Centre Leeds, source funding and develop exciting projects to enhance our offer and the experiences of staff and students. The University Centre provides students with the opportunity to study for a broad range of higher education qualifications from foundation degrees, BSc (Hons) / BA (Hons) top-up degree programmes, Higher National Apprenticeships and Degree Apprenticeships.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage and support key projects in line with strategic objectives;
- Proactively source external funding and grant opportunities in relation to project ambitions;
- Collaborate with various departments and key stakeholders to write and/or contribute to writing effective bids and funding applications in relation to project aims;
- Develop project plans and manage expectations for delivery;
- Contribute to the raising and promotion of University Centre Leeds’ profile including writing award nominations;
- Liaise with other departments to promote, support and actively engage in profile-raising activities such as blogs, conferences, and good news reporting.
- Educated to at least degree level.
- English & maths qualification at level 2.
- A recognised project management qualification or the willingness to work towards.
- Substantial and continuous professional development over the last 3-5 years.
- Experience working in HE.
- Experience of developing bids and managing funded projects successfully
- Evidence of leading change and innovation in relation to projects.
- Experience of delivering high quality and complex projects, including the management and monitoring of project budgets.
- Experience of influencing and supporting others to review progress and achieve improved outcomes.
- Experience of working with external stakeholders to maximise project success.
- Excellent organisational, planning and prioritisation skills, including the ability to plan and prioritise own workload effectively.
- Communicates, negotiates, challenges, and influences a variety of stakeholders effectively.
- Able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others.
- Excellent, clear, and concise written communication and reporting skills including the ability to present reports and correspondence appropriately to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Excellent initiative and professional judgement, with the ability to make independent decisions and effectively address problems and challenges as required.
- The ability to work calmly and professionally under considerable pressure, within a complex and constantly changing environment, and to short deadlines where a significant level of independent decision making, judgement, sensitivity and discretion is required, without compromising quality and standards.
- Excellent IT skills, and ability to demonstrate advanced use of the Microsoft Office range of programmes for word processing, presentations, spreadsheets, project plans etc.
- Excellent ability to work with a range of people and/or teams, both internally and externally.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.