Assessor - Bakery, Food & Drink Process Operator (Part -Time) (LCC3705)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £27,829 - £30,405 pa, pro rata
- 03 Feb 2023
- 03 Mar 2023
- Job Level
- Trainer / Assessor / Verifier
- Job Function
- Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Part Time
Part Time Hours: 15 hours.
WHAT WE DO
The school of travel, food and drink offer full time study programmes for learners aged 16-18 and 19+. Our study programmes range from Entry 3 to Level 3, covering vocational and academic pathways into further study, HE, employment and / or apprenticeship programmes. We also have part time offers exclusively for adult learners (19+) at level 2 and level 3 in Professional Cookery, Food Production and Patisserie and Confectionery. Our specialist team are all industry specialists who are able to share their skills, knowledge and experience to provide an enriching learning experience, working alongside a pastoral team who are responsible for ensuring our students wellbeing and financial needs are met. The school has a healthy commercial target which we aim to grow in the coming years. This will be realised from events and full-time recovery courses which will also provide opportunities for our students to work in realistic work environments, supporting their personal development and growth.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will provide training / assessment (inc functional skills) in Bakery Standard and Food and Drink Process Operator Standard.
- You will be responsible for a caseload of apprentices, ensuring timely completion and audit compliance. Support with recruitment, enrolment and sign ups of new apprentices.
- You will review and create milestones for apprentices to ensure the best result is achieved by the apprentice.
- You will liaise with employers to ensure they support the development of their apprentice.
- You will track and record apprentice's progress using OneFile Contribute to quality assurance processes.
- You will support the department to implement any new relevant Standards, creating SOLs, ITP's and associated resources.
- You will comply with all group policies and procedures. Remain compliant with Safeguarding and EDi.
- You should have a L2 English and Maths Minimum of a L2 in Bakery and PMO - or equivalent Assessors Award Ideally Verifiers Award Teaching qualification or willingness to work towards Knowledge and experience within the bakery industry and preferably within a manufacturing role
- You should have experience of working with employers, apprentices and in a multi-disciplined team
- You should have experience of delivering Standards Able to design and create training plans, resources and Scheme of Learning Ability to work in a target driven environment
- You should be committed to a restorative practice approach Ability to enthuse and motivate apprentices to achieve their fullest potential, aiding retention and timeliness
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.