Artist In Residence, Part-Time (LCC3720)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £19,577 pa, pro rata
- 03 Feb 2023
- 23 Feb 2023
- Subject Area
- Arts, Crafts and Design
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support, Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Part Time
Type of contract - Part-Time (22.20hr).
Duration of Contract - Temp/Fixed - End Date - 31 - Jul-2024.
Work Pattern - Flexible.
WHAT WE DO
The Art and Design department at Leeds City College is leading the way across the West Yorkshire region. We offer a wide provision of industry led courses, including BTEC and Access to HE, which specifically prepare the next generation of creatives for University and working in the industry.
We are a team of both industry experienced teachers with first class pastoral support staff who ensure that each of our students is provided with an exceptional experience with outcomes to match. We are looking for someone to provide great opportunities for our learners and creative energy to our campuses.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Produce commissioned artwork for college sites which coordinates the needs of relevant stakeholders.
- Work alongside teaching staff to develop projects with learners and external stakeholders.
- Lead extracurricular activities and clubs within the college that extend the college day.
- Raise the profile of the college via creative arts activity, working with our Quarry Hill Projects leader, contributing to the College’s marketing and online presence.
- Manage a materials budget to procure resources for the residency.
The successful candidate will have
- An ability to work effectively with a broad range of learners across our creative curriculum and wider college.
- High quality communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs of a range of stakeholders such as local schools and regional arts organisations.
- Demonstrable admin skills to record and monitor project requirements and work within a budget.
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems and to use initiative when appropriate
- Able to maintain a positive attitude and direct energy appropriately.
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.