Weekend Facilities Supervisor x3 (LUM186)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £22,840 to £24,792 Per Annum, Pro Rata
- 03 Feb 2023
- 26 Feb 2023
- Job Level
- Facilities Support
- Job Function
- Estates and Facilities
- Contract Type
- Part Time
We will be reviewing and interviewing as and when we receive applications therefore please apply as soon as possible as this job may close before the end date advertised.
X3 Roles available at either Quarry Hill, Leeds Conservatoire or Mabgate Campus
21 hours per week, Weekend only (Saturday and Sundays 08.00 to 18.30pm)
There is opportunity for additional hours if required
The Directorate of Estates comprises Health, Safety and Environment team, the Campus Facilities team and the Property and Maintenance team. This role is a part of the Campus Facilities department.
The directorate is embarking in a growth programme to create a number of new campuses over the next five years which will address a significant growth in student numbers.
We offer 27 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + Christmas Closure (pro rata), employer contributing 17.3% into your pension, alongside our other benefits. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual as there is potential for further training and development to help you progress within the organisation.
About the Role:
- Undertake and manage security duties including general guarding, patrolling, access control, CCTV system monitoring as required
- Ensuring contractors on site follow the group guidelines/policies
- Open and close buildings as required and ensure the intruder alarms are set and buildings secured
- Delegate and undertake any minor building maintenance duties across the site
- Organise and supervise the movement of furniture, equipment and musical instruments
- Ensure the car parking arrangements are adhered to
- Ensure all record keeping is undertaken as required
What we are looking for:
- Must have a Health & Safety related qualification or equivalent experience
- Must have GCSE Maths & English at level 2 ( grade C or above) or willing to undertake this
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with a professional manner when dealing with students/visitors/staff/contractors
- Previous experience of building/premise security and operating intruder/fire alarms
- Able to carry out strenuous manual activities on occasions when required
More details about the role can be found in the job description
For an informal chat about the role please contact Carol Snowden (Senior Facilities Manager) - Carol.Snowden@leedscitycollege.ac.uk
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.