Property And Maintenance Asset Manager (LUM319)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £34,213 - £37,375 pa
- 02 Feb 2023
- 19 Feb 2023
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Estates and Facilities
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We will be reviewing and interviewing candidates as and when we receive applications, therefore please apply as soon as possible as this vacancy may close before the end date advertised.
What We Do
The Property and Maintenance Departments sits within the Estates Directorate at Luminate Education Group. We are responsible for compliance and maintenance of the hard facilities management assets across the Group. We look after all the planned preventative maintenance and reactive maintenance that's raised from all sites. We are building an in house maintenance team to carry out reactive repairs around the sites as well as other smaller PPM tasks to assist our facilities colleagues.
We offer a generous benefit package which includes 27 days annual leave (increases by 5 days after 5 year’s service) plus bank holidays and additional time off between Christmas and New year. We offer a generous pension scheme with the employer contributing up to 17.3% plus other great benefits. We are able to offer bespoke training & development to further develop you, to enable you to progress. We are able to offer flexible/hybrid working within this role.
What You Will Do
- Develop with colleagues, put in place and manage group assets register including site visits to verify and tag.
- To manage health and safety and key risks relating to works on assets building and estate maintenance works.
- Prepare and maintain a Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule in accordance with statutory requirements in line with SFG20 and agreed deviations.
- Work with Commercial Manager, Procurement and other colleagues to prepare costs for maintenance schedule showing clear funding priorities based on legal requirements and H&S risks and business continuity risks.
- Work with the inhouse Maintenance Team and external contractors to deliver maintenance schedule in a controlled manner.
- Work with the Commercial Manager external contractors to cost and deliver building and estate maintenance requirements ensuring quality and value for money.
- Work with Estates and Capital Projects teams to develop and implement Facilities Management (CAFM) system.
- Meet with contractors and maintenance providers to assess asset status, needs, risks, goals and progress.
- Research and study market trends to maximize value for money and funding opportunities.
- Coordinate with Estate colleagues, campus Principals and projects team to ensure efficiencies across the group wide estate.
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of the post, which may be required from time to time.
- Travel to other campuses/sites within the Group (travel expenses will be paid)
What we are looking for:
- Must have previous working experience in asset management or a similar field within a multisite organisation
- Must have a construction related degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be IT literate and comfortable using different systems/databases
- Able to build and manage working relationships with multiple stakeholders
If you would like an informal chat about the role please contact Angela Lee, Head of Property and Maintenance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07919144851
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.