- The London College
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- £15 - £20 per hours OR pro-rata on the scale of £31,200-£34800 DQE
- 01 Feb 2023
- 31 Mar 2023
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Part Time
The college is pleased to announce this position to manage our newly approved external examination centre which deals with a wide range of GCSE/GCE subject examinations and mainly intended for those private students who may be studying on their own or through independent online study. The vacant position will be at our Cranford, West London campus.
Key responsibilities In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling and communication of examination timetables and room plans andSubmission of entries, accurately and on time
- Ensuring efficient management and supervision of the exam room environment
- Liaison with the Head of the centre with regards to exam rooming and timetables
- Liaison with examining bodies with regards the security of exam papers rooming and timetables and student notification of their exams and exam results
- Oversight and smooth running of all external exams
- Direction and training invigilating staff assisting during exam period
- Responding to students` and parents enquiries with regards to exams
- Managing the examinations budget effectively
- Providing staff invigilation training Skills & experience
- Good ICT Skills (Intermediate Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Powerpoint,)
- Good analytical and numerical ability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills - working with staff, students and parents/carers
- High level of personal organisation, and the ability to work without close supervision
- Calm, confident attitude
- Smart appearance
- Ability to adapt quickly to different situations and a good level of common sense
- Ability to work in a team and on your own
- Experience of dealing with confidential issues.
If you are interested in working as Exams Officer in the West London area, please complete our online application and submit for our assessment and consideration.
The College is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role
This position will suit a graduate with ability to focus on details with good knowledge and understanding of the use of student database management system and good general IT skills and in particular the proficient use of MSO plus good alternative academic qualification. Preference will be given to local applicants with prior experience in administering examinations in schools and colleges.
Recently retired persons will be most welcomed to apply for this position in particular from those with prior experience as exams officers/administrators.
Terms & Conditions
The position will be Part-Time, 2-3 day per week [24 hours/week]
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.