Uni Connect (HEP) Outreach Officer (Part-Time) (Fixed-Term)(LCC3711)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £27,829 to £30,405 Per Annum, Pro Rata
- 01 Feb 2023
- 20 Feb 2023
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Part Time
Part time contract: 29.6 hours pw
Fixed Term until: 30 September 2023
WHAT WE DO
This role is working on and funded by the government funded Uni Connect programme (UC) which is delivered in the West Yorkshire region by Go Higher West Yorkshire (GHWY) You will be employed by and based at University Centre Leeds who are one of GHWY’s HE Partners. This is an exciting opportunity to join the WP and Outreach team as Uni Connect (HEP) Outreach Officer. The WP and Outreach Team work with young people and adults considering their education options and supporting individuals into higher education, and the post holder will address issues, including attainment raisins, around progression to higher education for those from groups underrepresented in higher education. The University Centre provides students with the opportunity to study for a broad range of higher education qualifications from foundation degrees, BSc (Hons) / BA (Hons) top-up degree programmes, Higher National Apprenticeships and Degree Apprenticeships.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Maintain and update management information and data as required for University Centre Leeds for Go Higher West Yorkshire and Office for Students evaluation and review.
- Be the principal contact and champion for the Uni Connect project within University Centre Leeds; engage academic and other staff in Go Higher West Yorkshire Uni Connect activities and fully support the Partner Agreement.
- Maintain excellent contact with Go Higher West Yorkshire project staff (based in the GHWY central team at partner institutions or schools/colleges) and other partners (e.g. LEP, community organisations, employers) to progress collaboratively delivered activity involving providing reports and updates as required.
- Attend meetings and represent University Centre Leeds as necessary at Go Higher West Yorkshire Uni Connect internal and external meetings and events.
- Arrange, deliver and project manage events, presentations, workshops and other activities (Visit Days, Subject Specialist days etc.) to support engagement and progression of participants.
- Be accountable for and monitor project funding and other resources allocated to University Centre Leeds.
- Develop, monitor and ensure satisfactory progression of the Partner Agreement against agreed targets including preparing progress reports and action plans as required.
- Develop and support Go Higher West Yorkshire events and activities within the Target Wards and support Go Higher West Yorkshire activities generally.
- Develop and maintain links in University Centre Leeds’ target communities, particularly with parents and carers of the Uni Connect cohort.
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders, Go Higher West Yorkshire staff and other delivery partners to ensure the success of the project and support the participants into Higher Education.
- As necessary, maintain contact, support, counsel and advise the identified learners and generally ensure their satisfactory engagement and progression within the programme.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience.
- Empathy with and understanding of, the ethos and purpose of the Uni Connect project, with a good track record of successfully supporting pupils to aspire to and access HE.
- Evidence of success in project management and administration. · Ability to problem solve and plan ahead.
- Ability to achieve results through liaison, collaboration and negotiation with individuals and agencies.
- Ability to develop, manage, monitor and evaluate events, activities and associated budgets successfully.
- Ability to enthuse and engage support for the GO HIGHER WY Uni Connect programme with a range of key stakeholders, pupil parents/carers and staff.
- A good understanding of the educational aspirations and needs of a range of young people and adults.
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
- Ability to work on own initiative with a pro-active attitude to the role and ability to work under pressure and remain calm in stressful situations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability and willingness to work on a flexible basis, including efficient travel to locations
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.