Financial Accountant (LUM218)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £36,463 to £39,839 per annum
- 01 Feb 2023
- 13 Feb 2023
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Luminate Education Group are looking for an innovative and highly motivated finance professional to join our finance team. We provide a financial accounting service for the group, working with colleagues to ensure accurate recording and reporting of financial transactions.
We offer a generous support package which includes 27 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays and additional time off between Christmas and New year. We offer a generous pension scheme with the employer contributing up to 17.3% plus other great benefits. We are able to offer hybrid working with up to 2 days working at home.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will provide leadership and management to the Luminate Education Group financial accounting function to ensure the delivery of a customer focussed responsive and quality administrative service.
This will encompass implementing, managing and ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the service for Luminate Education Group. In particular, responsibility for the integrity of the group balance sheets and accurate monitoring and forecasting of cash flows. The preparation of statutory accounts for the group and managing the statutory audit process are key responsibilities within the role.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in a financial accounting team.
- Fully qualified or working towards a CCAB/CIMA accounting qualification.
- Support will be available to help you complete this if you have not already completed.
- Have the ability to constructively challenge and create positive and effective working relationships.
- Previous experience of statutory accounts preparation.
- Previous experience of using Agresso Business World or a comparable finance system and be a confident user of Excel.
- Ability to analyse and interpret varied workforce issues or situations.
- Solve difficult problems to a satisfactory conclusion, taking into account the varied perspectives present.
- Have the ability to plan and manage the work of others.
For more information about the role please contact:
Tracy Waite, Group Financial Controller
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.