United Living, Project Apprenticeship (Level 2)(Fixed Term) (APP301)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £9,588 to £18,328 per annum
- 01 Feb 2023
- 17 Feb 2023
- Job Level
- Apprentice / Intern, Facilities Support
- Job Function
- Estates and Facilities
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Fixed Term till 31 July 2024
Level 2 Apprenticeship Rates
Age Hourly Rate Salary
16-17 £4.97 £9,588
18-20 £6.99 £13,485
21-22 £9.34 £18,019
23+ £9.50 £18,328
WHAT WE DO
Our main priority is not profit but working with the local community, charity work and the development of apprentices and students to give them a safe environment in which to learn and grow. This vacancy is for an apprentice who will work in the United Living site, catering for 150+ site operatives for breakfast and lunch. We provide health and nutritional meals to the site operatives and we are committed to supporting local charities too. We are looking for a keen, enthusiastic apprentice who wants to learn and wants to give back to the local community.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will support the catering service at the Points Cross building site for the United Living Project.
- You will be involved in preparing and cooking the food, service the site operatives and general cleaning duties.
- You will also be required to help with the deliveries at Printwork stores and collect relevant supplies for the United Living project.
- You will have the opportunity to support the Catering Manager in planning menus, providing wellbeing information to the operatives and supporting additional catering opportunities.
- You will undertake a Hospitality Team Member Standard L2 (production pathway).
- You will be required to attend a college learning day once per week at Printwork Campus.
- You will be required to achieve their level 1 Maths and English functional skills prior to gateway and also attempt their level 2 functional skills in both Maths and English (unless APL)
- You will be required to maintain the food safety standards within the unit, completing all relevant documentation and adhering to all applicable legislation.
- You will support the Catering Manager to support local charities by offering a regular hot meal and regular events, maintaining the department's social responsibility and to meet the college ‘I’m in green’ agenda by planning all activities around recycling and sustainability
The apprentice doesn't need any past experience in a catering outlet but must be keen to learn and passionate about their role. Time keeping is essential as this is a small team and they will be a key part of this team.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.