We have a great opportunity based at our Kettering campus for an IT Technician to become a key member of our Information and Learning Technologies department.
As a Technician, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Monitoring and administering IT in all locations supported by Bedford College Group IT Services and ensure that systems and resources are maintained in a good state of repair and records for these resources are accurate.
- Liaising with teaching staff to ensure that specialist systems and services are properly configured and supported.
- Contributing to the staffing of the Service Desks and the recording and resolution of reported issues and job requests through the use of the college’s service desk software
- Receiving and responding to telephone calls, personal enquiries and emails requesting information or support with regard to IT Services.
Our ideal candidates will have experience with Windows operating systems and understanding of Health & Safety issues, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 2 qualification in computing or equivalent work experience.
- Willingness to achieve Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 or equivalent
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on 08/03/2023
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- £18,500 per annum
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Job Function
- IT / e-learning
- Contract Type
- Full Time