Enquiry Handling Advisor
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Kia Car Scheme
111 Canal Street, Nottingham, NG1 7HB
- Values & Behaviours
- Enquiry Handling Adviser JD Nov 2022
For further information about the
Permanent Full Time position-
Monday- Friday (core hours 8.30am-5pm)
This role sits within the Student Services Directorate of Nottingham College and will be based at our new City Hub campus to provide a warm and professional welcome over the telephone or email enquiries, ideally solving queries at first contact. This important role will ensure that all customers will receive an outstanding customer service, both welcoming and supportive, signposting to relevant solutions through the College main switchboard and inbound calls, live chat, CRM system and enquiry email system.
Nottingham College’s mission is to change lives through excellence in education and employment. Being one of the largest further education colleges in the country providing state of the art teaching and learning facilities and great support for students, Student services ambition is to work as one team to create an inclusive and supportive environment where students can reach their full potential.
As we continue to improve the student journey to ensure ease of access and improved services for students, we are seeking highly motivated, positive and forward-thinking individuals to help us achieve our ambitions.
Do you have experience in the following?
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and Verbal) working in a complex and diverse student/customer focused environment
• Are you passionate about customer service and believe in first contact resolution?
• Are you resilient enough to deal with a large number of inbound calls from which can be challenging and sometimes upsetting & distressing?
• A good standard of administrative skills
• Dealing with challenging & difficult people situations with empathy and professionalism
• Excellent IT skills using Microsoft Office packages ideally including large corporate databases
• Flexible working as part of a team
You should have a confident resilient personality, who will provide an excellent service supporting students to navigate the college and signposting to more specialist teams as required including student advisors and other services within the College and externally.
The post will be shortlisted against the essential and desirable criteria at application stage from the person specification.
Benefits of working at Nottingham College include
· 35 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
· Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
· Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
· Annual Travel Passes Scheme
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Employee Assistance Helpline
· Kia Car Scheme
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact Shannel Miranda - Student Operations Business Manager or Alicia Fleming Enquiry Handling Team Leader on 0115 9 100 100.
The closing date is 4pm on 31st January 2023.
Interviews/assessment date will be 8th February 2023 at City Hub
Apply using the online system at www.nottinghamcollege.ac.uk/vacancies.
Please be aware that this job is offered on Nottingham College terms and conditions of employment.
Our values mean we work together, as One Team. As One Team in our commitment to creating an inclusive environment, promoting inclusivity and respect with a culture that supports our college community of staff and students to achieve their full potential and celebrate all aspects of diversity. Achieving our aim to be an employer of choice will be through striving to lead an environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
We believe that a diverse workforce leads to an organisation that is more innovative, more creative and gets better results. We want our workforce to represent the diversity of the people and communities that we serve. We also want our workplace to be one where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop. We are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role
role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- Nottingham College
- £20,700 - £22,200 pa (Band 4)
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Full Time