Cover Supervisor - English
We have a great opportunity based across our Bedfordshire campuses for a Cover Supervisor to become a key member of our Maths and English department.
As a Cover Supervisor, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- supervising and supporting students in their GCSE or Functional Skills English sessions, both in person and online.
- supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential
- managing students’ learning and provide a high-quality learning experience
- assisting in monitoring student attendance for their maths sessions and contribute to its improvement
Our ideal candidates will have recent experience of supporting or/and teaching and assessing English courses at Level 2 and/or above, alongside the following qualifications:
- A-level or L3 qualification in English
- Level 2 Maths and English or equivalent
- Willingness to achieve Certificate in Education/PGCE or equivalent
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (0.76242 FTE) / 34 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
FIXED TERM CONTRACT TO JUNE 2023
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
Attachments: English cover supervisor 22-23 (1).docx
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- Up to £22,000 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience
- Subject Area
- English Language / Literature
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time