Strand Lead Timetables And Registers
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Registry Administrator to become a key member of our Student Data department.
As an Administrator, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Monitoring of exception reports on timetables and registers and liaising with curriculum managers and Registry to ensure swift resolution
- The implementation and operation of the College timetable and rooming system.
- Effectively liaising with senior managers to gain agreement on direction, requirements and enhancements of the timetable function.
- Analysing of staff and room utilisation and to ensure that resource utilisation is maximised, including monitoring enrolments in order to facilitate merging of groups and/or cancellation of courses and removal of the events from the timetable.
- Ensuring Timetables and registers remain synchronised
Our ideal candidates will have experience of accurate data input and evidence of high performance in previous roles/jobs, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3 or equivalent
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and mathematics Level 2 within one year
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type - Bedford College Professional Services
- 22 hours per week (0.59459 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on 07/02/2023.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.