Course Manager - Social And Natural Sciences
CORBY SIXTH FORM - OPENING SEPTEMBER 2023.
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced teacher within post-16 education to join as one of three Course Managers, as we open Corby Sixth Form in September 2023.
The Corby Sixth Form aims to be an ambitious and inclusive learning environment that will help build vital study and life skills, offering a sixth form experience that’s different to school with varied programme of subjects.
As Course Manager for Social and Natural Sciences you will be leading a faculty, including the following subjects:
- Forensic Science (Vocational)
- Maths (Further, Maths, Statistics and GCSE)
- Computer Science
- Health and Social Care (Vocational)
Candidates must be able to demonstrate experience of delivering a consistent and high-quality learning experience for students in a similar environment, it is desirable but not essential that candidates have experience of leading teaching teams. Candidates hold a degree in a relevant subject to the role, alongside a recognised teaching qualification.
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
About The Bedford College Group
The Bedford College Group is made up of unique facilities across Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire offering high quality learning experiences for every one of our students.
Our facilities include; Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, Tresham College, National College for Motorsport, The Bedford Sixth Form and Learning Centres, operating across Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire.
We have approximately 15,000 full-time, higher education, part-time students and apprentices, our experienced staff and tutors are able to provide the skills training for students to progress to their first-choice university or employer after their time at college, achieving their full potential.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
Individuals barred from working in this sector are reminded it is a criminal offence to submit an application.
Terms and Conditions
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- £37,000 - £40,000 pa
- Subject Area
- Social Sciences
- Job Level
- Manager, Teacher
- Job Function
- Academic Support, Curriculum / Course Management
- Contract Type
- Full Time