Job Coach (LCC3698)
What We Do
Our role is to develop the confidence and work-related skills of students with identified disabilities, learning difficulties and behavioural changes, wishing to make their next move out of college and into independent or semi - independent living.
What You Will Do
- Undertake training/orientation prior to beginning of work placement/voluntary placement.
- Provide on-going support in the workplace/voluntary placement as required.
- To be negotiated with the student and employer on an individual basis.
- Contribute to reviews providing feedback on progress in line with the RARPA process. .
- Support students in and out of class to help them to achieve a positive destination once the course has been completed.
- Where appropriate work with employers / organisations to secure progression opportunities.
- Complete workplace / community setting risk assessments.
- Support progression to appropriate destination (supported living, work or community settings)
- To support a caseload of identified students who have been identified as wishing to make progress into paid work or voluntary work/ community setting.
- Establish and maintain contact with the students’ carers, parents or personal tutor, keeping them informed of progress and issues, to secure their support and involvement.
- Help induct the student into the workplace / community setting.
- Liaise with internal and external agencies/services/employers to provide useful support and opportunities for the student.
- Strong ability to develop effective relationships with employers, students, parent and carers
- Strong ability to develop rapport and empathy
- Solution-focused approach
- Able to work in a team, hiring responsibilities and duties Enhanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Able to work in a team towards the EHCP outcomes and in line with the RARPA model of delivery.
- Experience of working with SEND learners
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Trace Hoddell at Tracey.firstname.lastname@example.org or Richard Jones at Richard.email@example.com
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.