Teacher of Film + TV (Hair & Makeup)
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational Hair and Makeup Teacher. We want you to inspire students to understand and love your subject, achieve outstanding results and become equipped to join the screen industries or progress to higher education when they leave us. We are keen to hear from teachers with backgrounds in industry, specifically within Hair & Makeup for Film or TV as this role will predominantly be teaching this pathway.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- have a knowledge and love of film and television and be passionate about storytelling in all forms
- have clear ideas about how hair and makeup, including beauty, SFX, wigs and barbering can be taught in an interesting and practical way in order to enhance the knowledge and skills of a future generation of film and TV professionals
- be flexible to work across other craft departments such as Costume and Art Direction have the ability to inspire, challenge and support students to ensure they perform at the highest levels
- fully commit to our supportive but challenging ethos and culture
- thrive at working in teams but be able to work independently
- constantly challenge yourself to become a better teacher
- commit to our comprehensive out of hours student enrichment programme.
Role Responsibilities + Requirements
- undergraduate degree (desirable)
- qualified teacher status (desirable)
- a track record of achieving outstanding student results
- experience of planning lessons and writing schemes of work (desirable)
- excellent organisation and planning skills
- outstanding classroom practice with a proven record of ensuring the excellent progression of students across all abilities
- comfortable with IT and technology - we use IT and specifically the Google Suite (Google Classroom, Gmail, Docs etc.) extensively across the school.
- experienced with using data and other contextual information to inform practice
- able to innovate and look at conventional practices and problems from new angles to achieve ambitious outcomes
- skilled at implementing and developing student culture of high expectations and achievement
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, of any sexual or gender identity, neurodiverse applicants, adults of any age or religious belief and encourage applications from people with a disability.
We are committed to diversifying the screen industries and increasing the diversity of our team is an important step towards this goal. We would especially welcome applicants who are from Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic groups, who are currently under-represented in our teaching staff.
Hiring Manager: Lena Nix
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 12pm, 27th January 2023
First round interviews: 6th February 2023
Please apply via the link