Job Coach for Foundation Studies World of Work (LCC3699)
What we do
The Foundation Studies department help to develop the confidence, life skills in preparation for adulthood and work related skills of students with identified disabilities, learning difficulties and behavioural changes. Wishing to make their next move out of college and into paid employment or volunteering opportunities
What you will do
- Provide on-going support in the workplace/voluntary placement as required. To be negotiated with the student and employer on an individual basis.
- Contribute to reviews providing feedback on progress in line with the RARPA process.
- Complete progress reviews with employer / business, Course Leader, Programme Manager and student.
- Support students in and out of class to help them to achieve a positive destination once the course has been completed.
- Where appropriate work with employers / organisations to secure progression opportunities.
- Complete workplace / community setting risk assessments.
- Support progression to appropriate destination (supported living, work or community settings).
- Support a caseload of identified students who have been identified as wishing to make progress into paid work or voluntary work/ community setting.
- Establish and maintain contact with the students’ carers, parents or personal tutor, keeping them informed of progress and issues, to secure their support and involvement.
- Help induct the student into the workplace / community setting.
- Liaise with internal and external agencies/services/employers to provide useful support and opportunities for the student.
- Provide ongoing support and training within external providers for SEN students
- Maintain and update knowledge of the subject/professional area and co-operate in any staff development activities required to effectively carry out the duties of the post and to participate in review and development schemes.
- Comply with college safeguarding procedures, including the promotion of the welfare of children and vulnerable adults studying at the college and commitment to the college child protection policy.
- Comply with all college policies and procedures.
- Reflect on and maintain knowledge of educational/professional research to develop evidence-based practice.
- Act with honesty and integrity to maintain high standards of ethics and professional standards.
- Manage and promote restorative practice approaches and the strengthening of relationships.
- Comply with all legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Promote a positive image of the college.
- Embody the college values.
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of the post, which may be required from time to time.
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact.
Julie Sinclair email@example.com
Richard Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.