Work Placement Coordinator (Administrator)
We have a great opportunity based at our Northamptonshire campus for a Work Placement Coordinator to become a key member of our Hair and Beauty department.
As a Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Ensuring high quality placement provision is provided to students studying on Hair & Beauty courses
- Dealing with enquiries from employers and students in person, via telephone email and online applications
- Ensuring safeguarding and health and safety procedures are adhered to at all times and take appropriate action to address concerns
Our ideal candidates will have experience of handling enquiries and contacting employers and external agencies and knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act and HSE standards, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3/4 qualifications
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
- Willingness to work towards health and safety in the work place qualifications
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type - Bedford College Professional Services
- 21.75 hours per week (0.5 FTE) / 38 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on 10/02/2023.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- Corby, Kettering
- £20,800 pa (pro rata)
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Part Time