Technician In Hospitality
We have a great opportunity based at our Corby campus for a Technician in Hospitality to become a key member of our Hospitality department.
As a Technician, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Recording fridge, freezer and food delivery temperatures on a daily basis and report any issues to the Centre Manager.
- Undertaking such other duties as may reasonably be required, commensurate with grade, at any College site.
- Ensuring all kitchens, lobby and restaurant are clean and tidy as per cleaning schedules.
- Machine wash and store crockery and cutlery during lunch and evening restaurant service
- Check and clean the male and female changing areas and report any issues to the Centre Manager.
Our ideal candidates will have experience in a technician and/or cleaning role and demonstrable knowledge of Equality and Diversity, alongside the following qualifications:
- Good level of education to include maths and English to GCSE (Grade A - C) or equivalent.
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type - Bedford College Professional Services
- 37hours per week (0.8 FTE) / 40 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- £18,329 - £21,287 pa (pro rata)
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Estates and Facilities
- Contract Type
- Part Time