Course Leader - Horticulture (LCC3205)
WHAT WE DO
This role will be based at our Home Farm in Temple Newsam. The farm is enveloped by acres of picturesque parkland and scenic gardens that are overlooked by a listed Tudor-Jacobean mansion. Occasionally you maybe expected to also work from our Printworks Campus, which is a stone’s throw away from Leeds Dock and the beautiful banks of the River Aire.
The School of Land and Animal Science is looking for a highly motivated Course Leader in Horticulture. This is a new job role due to growth in students in the department. Horticulture is a new curriculum area for the college, we have a number of exciting developments in the department so this is a great time to join the team. This is a fantastic opportunity if you are passionate about horticulture and enjoying teaching learners. The ideal candidate will enjoy working both in and outdoors.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will be teaching mainly 16-18 year old learners on full time study programme's alongside some apprentices that are on day release.
- You will be pivotal in raising our students aspirations and supporting them to achieve their outcomes
- You will provide an exceptional teaching, learning and assessment environment for your students and those of the teachers you line manage.
- You will work with the Head of Department and Programme Manager to successfully advertise horticulture courses and recruit learners.
- An existing course leader or someone ready to develop their career
- Someone with a can do attitude with a flexible approach to work
- A team player who can encourage and develop their team to ensure the best possible outcomes for their students.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.