Associate Assessors - Self Employed
Distance Learning Associate Assessors – Fully qualified freelance Assessors for the following Distance Learning Courses – Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills & Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills
Self Employed – competitive, variable rates depending on courses
Westminster City Council is committed to creating a Fairer City where people are born into a supportive and safe environment, grow and learn throughout their lives, build fantastic careers in world-leading industries. Westminster Adult Education Service (WAES) is the City Council’s adult education service and the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest nationally.
Our recent Ofsted was good overall with outstanding features and will enable us to grow and develop as an organization and want someone who shares our vision of attaining excellence to join our passionate and highly skilled leadership team. We provide life-changing learning opportunities for our learners through our qualification courses, apprenticeship programmes and extensive community based provision. We work to adapt to the changing needs of our communities – resulting in a dynamic atmosphere where ambition, diversity and creativity are celebrated.
If you want to join an organisation that makes a difference in people’s lives, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for Assessors to join the Distance Learning Team at Westminster Adult Education Service. You will be engaged on a freelance basis to assess, mark, provide feedback and possibly IQA learners work.
Portfolio/responsibilities of this role:
- To work within the online learning platform(s) which are appropriate to the subjects being assessed.
- To assess learners in line with qualification specifications and awarding body requirements to maximise opportunities for learners
- To provide high quality teaching and learning experiences for learners
- To track and monitor learners in line with service requirements to maximise outcomes for learners
- To provide advice, guidance and support to learners to maximise outcomes for learners and progression opportunities
- To support Managers, subject lead IQA and IQA’s to achieve the Service’s required targets
What do we expect this role to achieve:
- On allocation learners are contacted in accordance with procedure.
- Portfolio of learners are monitored from allocation to completion and tracking is updated and maintained to support timely communications with learners.
- Progress is monitored and tracked through outcomes from the online platform, one to one tutorials and regular contact with learners
- Learner files are completed to service requirements and up to date.
- Learner engagement is monitored to maintain high levels of retention and achievement and to support learner progression.
- Learners who are not progressing are discussed regularly with Online Coach/Co-ordinator and decision made about withdrawal in a timely manner.
- Learners are withdrawn and transferred in accordance with WAES agreed timescales
- Remain up to date with course standards and WAES procedures through regular attendance at standardisation meetings on Microsoft Teams.
- Required to remain current and up to date with subject skills and knowledge through regular CPD activities, evidence to be supplied to WAES twice a year.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· Level 2 Functional Skills Maths & English or GCSE English & Maths
· Level 3 Assessor, A1 Assessor or Equivalent
You must hold a recognised assessor qualification along with PTLLS / teaching qualification and be capable of delivering training sessions as well as coaching 1 to 1. You will be part of a supportive team within your subject who are able to help you with any issues and make sure you are on track to meet the achievable standards of a competent training organisation. Training on e-portfolio systems will be given
· Freelance Assessing or verifying: 1 year
· Relevant 12 months CPD
The closing date to apply for this post is 9am Monday 30 January 2023.
Interviews for these posts will take place on Wednesday 1 February 2023 via Teams.
Please quote reference number ED/WAES/2065
Please apply via the link