Subject Lead - IQA - Self Employed
Westminster City Council is committed to creating a Fairer City where people are born into a supportive and safe environment, grow and learn throughout their lives, build fantastic careers in world-leading industries. Westminster Adult Education Service (WAES) is the City Council’s adult education service and the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest nationally.
Our recent Ofsted was good overall with outstanding features and will enable us to grow and develop as an organization and want someone who shares our vision of attaining excellence to join our passionate and highly skilled leadership team. We provide life-changing learning opportunities for our learners through our qualification courses, apprenticeship programmes and extensive community based provision. We work to adapt to the changing needs of our communities – resulting in a dynamic atmosphere where ambition, diversity and creativity are celebrated.
If you want to join an organisation that makes a difference in people’s lives, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a Subject Lead IQA to join the Distance Learning Team at Westminster Adult Education Service. You will be engaged on a freelance basis.
Portfolio/responsibilities of this role:
- To work within the online learning platform(s) which are appropriate to the subjects being IQA’s
- To manage regular allocation of IQA taken from the Distance Learning sampling plan.
- To return completed to the Online Co-ordinator as requested
- To provide Assessors with high quality reports that will help with on-going development of process and practice
- Support training of new IQA’s, provide on-going coaching and mentoring for new Assessors as requested
- To stay up to date with course standards and WAES procedures through attendance at standardisation meetings and reading regular communications
- To provide advice, guidance and support to Assessors to maximise outcomes for learners and progression opportunities
- To follow up any quality issues identified and ensure these are communicated appropriately to Assessors and learners
- Resolve differences in decisions and support the appeals process To report any on-going issues with assessment practice to the Online Co-ordinator
Training on eLearning system will be given.
About You & Qualifications:
You must hold a recognised assessor qualification along with PTLLS / teaching qualification. You will be part of a supportive team within your subject who are able to help you with any issues and make sure you are on track to meet the achievable standards of a competent training organisation.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Level 2 Functional Skills Maths & English or GCSE English & Maths
- Level 3 Assessor, A1 Assessor or Equivalent
- Level 4 Internal Quality Assurer, V1 Internal Verifier or Equivalent
You must hold the equivalent or higher qualification in Level 2 Counselling Skills
- Freelance Assessing or verifying: 1 year Relevant 12 months CPD Professional experience in the industry.
- Recent experience with online/distance learning.
- Experience of good assessment practice in teaching and learning and providing support to learners.
- Experience of the IQA process in education.
- Experience of using Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs) or a willingness to work towards.
The closing date to apply for this post is 9am Monday 30 January 2023.
Interviews for these posts will take place on Wednesday 1 February 2023 via Teams.
Please quote reference number ED/WAES/2066
Please apply via the link