Associate Lecturer In Computing
We have a great opportunity based at our Northamptonshire campus for a flexible hourly-paid Associate Lecturer in Computing to become part of our Computing department.
As a Lecturer, you will play a role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering and assessing subject specialisms on a range of FE courses.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students' learning and provide a high-quality learning experience.
- Undertaking course administration as necessary.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments within the Programme Area regarding curriculum and innovative teaching.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of professional track record in the field of Computing , alongside the following qualifications:
- Honours degree or equivalent e.g. industrial/commercial experience in Computing
- Recognised teaching qualification (Cert Ed or equivalent)
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
What is an Associate?
Associates work on a short term basis as assigned. They teach or provide support services and they work with and are supported by core staff. As an Associate you will be issued with an Associate agreement, under this Agreement period you will be eligible to work on assignments offered to you. Typically an agreement runs from January to December and may be renewed thereafter.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type - Bedford College Professional Services
- Current requirement of 6-30 hours per week
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- Corby, Wellingborough, Kettering
- £20.50 per hour (Unqualified) - £21.50 per hour (Qualified PGCE/Cert Ed or equivalent)
- Subject Area
- Information and Communication Technology
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Part Time