School Liaison Officer (LCC3636)
We will be reviewing and interviewing candidates as and when we receive applications, therefore please apply as soon as possible as this vacancy may close before the end date advertised.
WHAT WE DO
The School Liaison team works with primary and secondary schools to promote what we offer as Group to potential and future students. We engage and inspire students across all age groups to think about further education and other learning provisions we offer. We are a friendly and supportive team who love making a difference to young people’s lives. It is heart-warming to see young people we have inspired progressing in their chosen learning to achieve their future goals and knowing we were a part of their journey. We offer a generous support package which includes 27 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays and additional time off between the Christmas and New year. We offer a generous pension scheme with the employer contributing up to 17.3% plus other great benefits. We are able to offer hybrid working with up to 2 days working at home and time off in lieu.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will work with school students (primary and secondary) at school and college events, to promote the opportunities we can offer as a Group.
- Plan, organise and attend events both virtual and face to face such as assemblies, career fairs, parents’ evenings & college open days to promote our Group learning opportunities.
- Liaise regularly with school staff to support them with post 16 option events, student applications and provide them with any data they require.
- Meet the recruitment targets and use reports and data to understand group priorities.
- The role includes travel across the North and West Yorkshire region, evening working and occasional weekends/
- This role does require some element of lone working.
- Willingness to work towards a L3 Information, Advice & Guidance qualification.
- Previous experience of working with Children/Young People to deliver creative and engaging activities or events.
- Previous experience of working with schools, parents and external support agencies.
- Must have a good level of general education with literacy and numeracy at level 2 or above or a willingness to gain this.
- Must be confident in using Microsoft Office and google applications.
- Good organisational, planning and administrative skills.
- Must be confident in doing public speaking and able to adapt your approach depending on the target audience.
- Able to work positively & effectively as a member of a team and on own initiative.
- Must be able to drive and have access to a car (mileage will be paid).
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact: Adam Taylor
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.