Student Welfare and Finance Officer (LCC3692)
What We Do
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an Adult Community & ESOL (ACE) department who were graded Outstanding by Ofsted in May 2022. We are looking to appoint a Student Welfare and Finance Officer for a Feb 2023 start.
What You Will Do
- Support students with course fees to enrol on courses, checking and gathering evidence, including those needing support with advanced learner loans, childcare funding, bus pass applications and kit requests through DLSF (Discretionary Learning Support Fund).
- Support curriculum staff with the admin claiming process for ALS (Additional Learning Support).
- Provide advice services to students on welfare issues that may be creating a barrier to students accessing education. Welfare issues include money worries and funding issues, benefit claims or problems and housing and homelessness.
- Degree or equivalent higher level qualification, or, a relevant professional qualification and substantial experience.
- Substantial experience of delivering welfare advice, interpreting and explaining complex information, guidance and policies to clients of varied ages and backgrounds in an education, community or other advice setting, particularly working with clients experiencing financial hardship.
- In-depth knowledge of financial support and of welfare issues which can be barriers to learning or progression and experience of supporting clients to overcome these.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Dr Stephen Woulds at email@example.com
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.