Library & Learning Resources Assistant
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Library & Learning Resources Assistant to become a key member of our Libraries and Learning Resources department.
As a Library & Learning Resources Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Actively contribute to the effective and efficient day to day running of campus Libraries, maintaining a welcoming and orderly learning environment with high standards of customer care and close links with curriculum and other staff
- Raising levels of learner retention, success and value added through the provision of an outstanding Library service with a focus on teaching and learning.
- Proactively support learners in overcoming barriers to the successful completion of research and other learning tasks and to actively promote and facilitate the use of the full range of learning resources.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of delivering user education to groups of learners and give clear concise advice and instruction to learners and staff and excellent IT skills, experience of Windows based applications, internet-based research and willingness to develop new skills, alongside the following qualifications:
- Good all-round level of education to include Maths and English to GCSE (Grade A – C) or equivalent level (level 2)
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- 31 hours per week (0.67636 FTE) / 36 weeks per year
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on the 6th February 2023
Attachments: JD PS LLRA 2023 Cauldwell.docx
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- £18,329 per annum, pro rata
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Part Time