ilearn Lead (LUM312)
WHAT WE DO
We are the Independent Learning team, supporting students and staff at Leeds City College and Harrogate College.
As a service team within college, we are here to support students to develop their independent learning skills and achieve personal goals. We are looking for people to join our team, taking on the vital role of an ilearn Lead. The role requires people to lead on the implementation and delivery of independent skills development at Harrogate College. To achieve this we support students to develop independent learning skills across five disciplines, Digital, Independent Study, Academic, Digital Citizenship, and finally Future Ready.
The posts sit within our independent learning student leadership team playing a vital role ensuring that the Harrogate College team is supported and line managed to the highest standard. We are looking for candidates who want the opportunity to innovate and lead on the development of independent study skills, promoting and delivering to different cohorts of students on site as required. Successful candidates should be able to ensure the service we provide, supporting students and staff, runs smoothly. We will also provide you with the opportunity to gain further qualifications and develop your leadership and management skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Act as a standard bearer and advocate for the benefits and impacts of skills development using your experiences and views to drive our internal skills development strategy.
- Be responsible for liaising with curriculum staff to ensure that the skills and opportunities we offer their students meet their needs.
- Innovate in your team's approach to delivery and skills development taking the opportunity to utilise a blended approach where needed.
- Lead, line manage and support the Harrogate College ilearn team to ensure they have the tools and skills to deliver on their curriculums skills development requirements.
- Manage a resource budget for the site working with teaching staff to make sure students have the study resources they need.
- Have the experience and ability to communicate clearly with curriculum teams, external stakeholders and staff in an engaging manner.
- Be prepared to take risks, trying new approaches to solve problems and realise opportunities when they present themselves.
- Have some experience of line management and leadership + management in general.
- Particularly in relation to supporting your team to develop.
- Experience and desire to self-develop displaying a can-do approach to your own continuous professional development.
- Experience of managing finances or budgets ensuring value for money and impact of investment.
For further information please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.