Student Safety Engagement Officer
This primary purpose of this role is to ensure learners are safe at College and to support their wellbeing and care.
In addition to supporting learners, the role ensures that staff, visitors and College premises are kept safe and secure.
You will work directly with 5 additional Student Safety Engagement officers and a Team Leader.
- To positively challenge and employ de-escalation tactics when dealing with issues of poor behaviour and student attitude.
- Restrain and remove and individual on site who is a potential threat
- Carry out regular ID card checks as required and manage the system used to administer the functionality of student badges (SiPASS).
- Maintain a safe and secure environment and be alert to any other potential security problems.
- Conduct Stop & Search protocols on students believed to be carrying prohibited items (weapons, drugs etc.)
- Daily monitoring and reviewing of CCTV
- Assist the Health and Safety Manager with all evacuation and Lockdown situations. E.g. terror threats, violence threats etc
- To develop positive and constructive relationships with students to enhance their personal and social education and enable them to participate fully in college activities
- Promote positive engagement with students through proactively identifying where support is needed.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, not only will you benefit from an annual reviewed salary but have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Car Scheme
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon
Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work”. We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
Michelle Royle, Head of Student Services, says “This role is key to foster and promote a culture of positive student engagement and experience, whilst providing high quality customer service in relation to campus safety. It has proved to be a successful and pivotal role in the overall support for learners and in keeping our campus a safe place to work and learn. It is a unique role that spans the whole of the college, working with students, staff and support colleagues”.
Oldham College is a medium sized general further education college, with a turnover of almost £25m. It has one main campus in the centre of town, and this in the third phases of a £40m redevelopment which began in 2012. Higher education is taught on a second, dedicated campus, a short walk away. The College delivers a full range of work related education and training, including 16-18 programmes of study, T levels, apprenticeships, adult learning and higher education. It has over 5000 full-time students and 600 undergraduates.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable laws, a pre-employment screening could include, employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the role.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Any appointments will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and a check of the DfE Barred List
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.