Early Years Officer (Nursery Nurse) 20 Hours Term-Time
We are looking to appoint one qualified (Level 3), caring and enthusiastic individuals to join our team at Butterflies. You should have at least 3 years post qualifying experience in an Early Years setting. You will be required to work as a team and individually to provide a safe, stimulating and caring environment, encouraging children to learn and making an impact on their lives. As a keyworker you will actively contribute to the planning and delivery of the Early Years Curriculum.
Butterflies Nursery aims to be a provider of outstanding Early Years Care and Education.
We have a really great opportunity for a part time/term time, experienced Early Years Officer to join our Butterflies team.
- Possession of relevant qualification, for example NNEB Certificate or NVQ Level 3 or BTEC in Childcare (or other equivalent level qualification).
- First Aid certificate.
- Ability to observe, record and report on children’s welfare and development.
- Ability to work positively and co-operatively as part of a team.
- Ability to be flexible in attendance when required.
- Ability to work with children and parents from a multicultural, multi-faith.
- Ability to contribute to the planning and teaching of the early years curriculum.
- Ability to work carefully within agreed procedures, including those relating to health, safety, hygiene, child protection and staffing ratios.
The OFSTED report stated that we are regarded as a “Good” across every area: “Our quality of teaching, learning and assessment are good”, and “we continue to nurture the culture of inclusion across the college. Staff, learners and apprentices embrace and promote equality of opportunity and celebrate diversity”
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, not only will you benefit from an annual reviewed salary but have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Car Scheme
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon
Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work”. We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable laws, a pre-employment screening could include, employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the role.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Any appointments will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and a check of the DfE Barred List
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- Oldham College
- £9,066 - £10,002 pa (Scale 4: £19,731 - £21,767 Pro Rata)
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Estates and Facilities
- Contract Type
- Part Time