Lecturer GCSE Maths
(Salary is based on increments, progression only if teacher qualified. Starting point dependent upon experience)
The Northern School of Art is a specialist provider of arts education. Each year we recruit a relatively small cohort of year 12 and 13 learners who have previously studied GCSE Maths in secondary school, and in most cases narrowly missed achieving a GCSE grade 4 or above.
Working with below average classroom cohorts you will get to know our learners on an individual basis. All of our learners will be studying a creative subject, so we are seeking a passionate Lecturer with the abilities to identify varying learning styles and deliver the subject of Maths by making the subject interesting, lively and accessible to all through an innovative delivery of the curriculum.
This will be an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to plan, design, and deliver the maths curriculum within the School. Reporting directly to the FE Quality Manager the successful candidate will drive the way we deliver GCSE Maths within the School whilst tracking progress of all learners.
Teaching and relevant professional experience is essential. We particularly welcome applications from candidates with experience of teaching GCSE Maths in a secondary school setting, and wish to work in an “Outstanding” (as rated by Ofsted in February 2022), specialist further education environment and take the lead for our Maths curriculum.
Any candidates that would like to arrange an informal discussion please get in touch with Rob Kane, Vice Principal (Further Education) email@example.com.
What will you get if you join us?
- The opportunity to work in an award-winning institution with creative people in a creative environment, where the exchange of ideas is integrated into the work ethic;
- The knowledge that you have a positive impact on the development of students and the choices they make in life;
- Support and guidance in making any difficult decisions to achieve the targets you have been set;
- Access to personal skills development to help you achieve your targets and your longer-term career goals;
- Free car parking and access to other staff benefits; and
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension scheme (with significant employer contributions).
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms: Thursday 26th January 2023
The Northern School of Art recognises that it has a statutory and moral duty to promote and safeguard the welfare of its students who are under the age of 18 and of its vulnerable adults.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.