Area Lead - Allied Health
Location: Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire
Contract: Permanent, full-time, 37 hours per week.
Start: As soon as possible, but fully negotiable
Starting Salary: up to c£53,000 (Including Management Allowance), depending upon the applicant’s skills and experience. A further pay award is also pending, subject to negotiation.
Relocation: A relocation allowance may be available where the employee’s new home is reasonably close to the workplace and their former home is not.
This is a vital appointment for our award-winning, Ofsted ‘Good’ College. Reporting to a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the role will be to lead the Allied Health Area and its suite of successful and important subjects, including Health and Social Care at T Level, BTEC D and BTEC S, as well as Childcare at BTEC Levels 3 and 2, and Applied Science at BTEC D and BTEC S. These are all highly popular subjects with our students (400 students study within the Allied Health Area) – who achieve excellent results with strongly positive value-added scores
John Leggott College is a successful 16-19 Sixth Form College, located on a busy but pleasant site in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire. The College is just ten minutes from the M180 which is fed directly from the M18 and then the M1 – you’d be able to commute here quite easily from most of the towns and conurbations in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, including Pontefract, Doncaster, Sheffield, Grimsby, Lincoln, and Hull. The college was reconfirmed as ‘Good’ in May 2018.
Almost all of our learners (around 98%) progress to positive destinations after study programmes, with 62% going into Higher Education and 22% to the Russell Group in 2022 – sustained positive progression has been outstanding on DfE Performance Tables over the last few years. The Department for Education has affirmed we are also in ‘Outstanding’ financial health.
The main challenge in the role will be to create a new Area, integrating former Faculties and Departments into one cohesive Area serving all the needs of our future Healthcare professionals, building on best practice, ensuring consistency, and leading continuous improvement (ALPS scores in the Allied Healthcare Area currently range from ALPS 2 for the BTEC Diploma in Health and Social Care through to ALPS 4 for the BTEC Diploma in Applied Science). The Area produces some outstanding results across different disciplines and helps to provide the country with the successful Health & Social Care professionals of the future. Students progress to undergraduate courses for nursing, paramedics, and other health-related professions from our extensive vocational range of BTEC Health & Social Care courses at Level 3.
All vocational students in John Leggott College have their own Chromebook, and we have top quality dedicated, state of the art classrooms in our new build facility. We are looking for someone with a continual focus on outstanding student outcomes, who maintains team spirit and realises the very best from all their colleagues. This is an experienced department with a successful team – the successful Area Leader will look to build on strengths and ensure consistency in a supportive, but determined and planned manner.
The role will suit:
- Anyone with a proven track record of outstanding teaching practice in a Healthcare related subject.
- Someone who can inspire, coach, and develop extremely talented, passionate, and enthusiastic staff to continually and incrementally improve results that are in some cases already outstanding.
- A teacher who is already successful at leading a team; OR a really effective mainscale teacher who can show the ability to drive, motivate, support, and lead the Allied Healthcare Area to deliver even more outstanding results
In return, we offer:
- An exciting post in a successful and award-winning College serving local communities
- The opportunity to shape and develop a very successful Area within the College that makes a real difference to the lives of young people and the health of our communities, towns, cities, and regions.
- The challenge and stimulation of working alongside dedicated educationalists, capable support service managers, and wonderful students
For an application pack and to read more about the vacancy, please visit www.jlchealth.co.uk or telephone or text our advisers ASDTi on 07736 775776, or e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org
ASDTi are also available during the working day, in the evening or at weekends to answer any questions you have and to help you make your application. If you’d like a tour of our fantastic college, please contact ASDTi and they will try to arrange this.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 1st February 2023 at 9am.
Interviews will probably be held during the following week.
John Leggott College has a strong commitment to Equal Opportunities, Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. Successful candidates will be subjected to enhanced checks by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
- John Leggott College
- up to c£53,000
- Subject Area
- Child Development and Early Learning, Health, Public Services and Social Care
- Job Level
- Manager, Teacher
- Job Function
- Academic Support, Curriculum / Course Management
- Contract Type
- Full Time