IT Systems Engineer
You will join us as an IT Systems Engineer and will work as part of the IT-Services, Technical Support Team. Together we work towards the successful improvement and maintenance of the ICT equipment within the organisation.
By supporting a provision of suitable I.T equipment, systems and software that is fit for purpose, secure and well managed, you will actively contribute to the continued learning experience of our students and the working environment of our staff.
What skills are we looking for:
- Experience of computer hardware and software; PCs, Laptops, Servers, Printers, MFDs, Networking equipment, Wi-Fi, structured cabling, projection equipment, telephony and Windows OS.
- A relevant computing qualification or experience in a similar role.
- An understanding of networking and routing protocols and the ability to program equipment through command line interface. Vendors in use are Cisco, HP, Netgear, Extreme Networks and Dell.
Responsibilities for the role:
- An understanding of networking and routing protocols and the ability to program equipment through command line interface.
- Vendors in use are Cisco, HP, Netgear, Extreme Networks and Dell.
- To be available to support NWSLC and other MAT Schools as necessary.
- Investigate, Plan and Deliver new and emerging Technologies.
- Support team verbally and through documented procedures .
- To escalate issues to the IT-Services Senior Systems Engineer as necessary.
Our Campus is in Nuneaton, Warwickshire. This is a great place to live with plenty of social and sport facilities together with great transport links. You will support all our campuses including stakeholders depending on business needs.
If you would like to have an informal chat about the role, please contact Garry Plowman or Austen Lowe via 03300583000 who can direct your call.
Why Should You Apply?
- The pay range we’re offering is £24,136 - £25,599.
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays, increases after long service.
- Access to excellent Local Government Pension Scheme.
- We offer great staff development opportunities including the opportunity to take your CIM
- Family friendly policies and procedures
You can see the full job description attached.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are integral to everything that we do. We are committed to these values, and they are central to our mission. We’re committed to finding reasonable adjustments* for candidates with specific needs or have a disability during our recruitment process, and all applicants will be considered fairly and equally. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. *If you’d like to request a reasonable adjustment, please contact the recruiting manager.
We aim to support our employees in achieving a healthy work-life balance. We recognise that many of our employees have responsibilities and are committed to providing support for our employees. We are working hard to support flexible and new ways of working where possible and offer a wide range of benefits.
All our roles are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.