Lecturer in Psychology
We are looking for new staff to enhance our team of Psychology lecturers who teach on our highly successful and popular BSc with Honours Psychology programmes in the School of Health, Humanities and Education. Our excellent quality Psychology provision attracts a high volume of students.
You will play a key role in the teaching team on the Psychology programmes and more widely across the School of Health, Humanities and Education. With a UK Honours degree or NARIC recognised degree in a relevant discipline and a Masters degree accredited by the BPS, you will demonstrate a clear and comprehensive understanding of contemporary developments within the Psychology sector. You must have relevant industrial and/or professional experience, and it would be an advantage if you also have experience of contributing to learning, teaching and assessment (teaching or research-related).
As an individual, you will be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Blackburn College values diversity and is committed to creating a diverse workforce.
The starting salary is negotiable within the salary scale of 23 to 37 and is dependent on experience and skills.
A completed application form is required in order to progress with any appointment, however, CVs will be considered at the shortlisting stage.
- We offer generous annual leave of 35 days, plus bank holidays and up to six discretionary days per year (pro rata, for part time employees)
- A choice of pensions with either the Teachers Pension Scheme or Aviva which include generous contributions made by the College.
- Discounted membership of Blackburn Sports and Leisure Centre which is situated on the College Campus.
- Several food outlets with a variety of menu choices, plus discounted Starbucks.
- A full range of professional discounted Hair and Beauty services provided by the Academy Salon.
- Professional bakery offering variety of fresh breads, cakes and ready meals.
- Family friendly policies.
Closing Date: 9am Wednesday 4 January 2023
Short listing Date: TBC
Interview Date: TBC
Please apply via the link