Sixth Form Lecturer Fine Art and Textiles (Part-Time)(LCC3575)
Part-time contract: 22.2 hours
Leeds Sixth Form College are recruiting for a Sixth Form Lecturer to teach Fine Art and Textiles.
Role and Responsibilities
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Be responsible for recording student progress, motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Reflect on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Adapt curriculum delivery methods to maximize their effectiveness, including through the use of technology.
- Plan, prepare and develop effective schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources including the development of online learning resources for identified modules.
- Deliver inspiring sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods for identified modules.
- Develop and employ effective assessment activities for identified modules.
- Assess student work, provide constructive and timely feedback to motivate and inspire the learner to improve and record learners’ progress for identified modules.
Skills and Qualifications
- You will hold an Honours Degree in Art or Textiles or a relevant subject.
- Have relevant experience in teaching these to 16-18 year-olds up to level 3.
- You will also hold or working towards a recognised teaching qualification.
About Leeds Sixth Form College
Leeds Sixth Form College prides itself on its students’ journeys to success. It is driven by hard work and the strong belief that every student has the capacity to excel, regardless of their background. Leeds Sixth Form College offers a range of A level subjects and is committed to providing an exceptional experience, with outcomes to match.
For more information about the role please contact:
Emma Haslett, Programme Manager
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.