Work Placement Coordinator
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Work Placement Coordinator to become a key member of our Engineering department.
As a Work Placement Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Sourcing extended work placements for students within your specific Department/Directorate
- Ensuring a high quality placement experience is provided for students in all areas of Engineering and Motor Vehicle (Study programme and T-Level placements)
- Sourcing enhancement activities and site visits related to the Engineering industry
- Using college platforms to log student data relating to work placement and enhancement
Our ideal candidates will have previous experience of handling enquiries and contacting employers or work placement organisations and evidence of proactive approach and follow through in securing departmental related work experience opportunities, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3/4 qualification.
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
- Willingness to work towards health and safety in the work place qualifications
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services -
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year, flexible working times and locations would be considered
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- £21,000 per annum
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Careers Advice, Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Full Time