About the role:
We are seeking to appoint a Liaison Officer for Vocational Employability.
The role is based at our Tottenham Campus.
This role mainly looks after our JCPs in North London boroughs covering Enfield, Haringey, Hackney & Waltham Forest. The main focus of the role is as below:
- To build a rapport and establish a productive working relationship with Job Centre Plus staff and local employers
- To facilitate prospective learners on to programmes of study with the college and signpost onto appropriate job opportunities
- To liaise with JCP and other agencies to identify prospective learners to study with the college and then progress into appropriate employment
- To conduct initial assessment sessions at the college or at JCPs to assess and enrol unemployed adults, determine intervention and progress onto a training programme and then into employment
- To continually develop referral partner network so that learner recruitment targets are achieved.
- To liaise and work with other members of the Employability Team to promote the role and develop joint working
- To develop strong links with local employers and where possible create Sector Based Work Academies (SWAPs) to provide our learners a progression route into employment.
We offer a wide range of short programmes to support our learners into employment such as:
- SIA (Security) course
- Warehouse & Forklift
- CSCS (construction) course
- Teaching Assistant
- Basic ICT & Essential Digital Skills
- Health & Social Care
- Spectator Safety
You must be willing to travel and work offsite.
You are a confident and enthusiastic individual who can proactively engage with local and regional employers and enjoys helping people and supports their communities.
We are the largest college group in London. Our colleges include City and Islington College, Westminster Kingsway College, and The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London. We are committed to success through equality and diversity.
About The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London:
Across its two superb centres in Enfield and Tottenham, The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London (CONEL) offers a wide range of apprenticeships, pre-apprenticeships and courses across many different subjects to give students the skills, knowledge and experience they need to succeed at work or university.
CONEL has been named as the best further education college in England for student satisfaction in the FE Choices Learner Satisfaction Survey and has also been named the best in the capital for employer satisfaction two years running.
CONEL also offers a selection of fast, easy and free courses to encourage people in Haringey and Enfield into employment.
Please click here to view Job Description
Closing date: 31st December 2022
Interview date: w/c 5th January 2023
We are committed to the safeguarding and protection of young people and adults and follow Safer Recruitment processes. All successful candidates will need to complete a DBS check, with some roles requiring an Enhanced check. A criminal record will not necessarily bar you from working for us; this will depend on the circumstances of any offences. We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all our activities for everyone who learns and works here. We respect and value differences and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.