Teacher, Adult & Community (Variable Hours) (Fixed Term) (LCC3669)
This is a fixed-term position, expected to end on 31 July 2023.
WHO WE ARE:
- We have literacy, GCSE, ESOL and numeracy teaching vacancies. Please indicate which you are interested in. These posts are for applicants who don’t already teach for the college in the Adult, Community & ESOL (ACE) department. These posts are variable hours contracts in the first instance, but with potential to move onto permanent posts at a later date. We teach Mon-Thurs until 09:30-21:00 and Saturdays from 09:30-15:00. Successful applicants may choose anything from one session to more; dependent on availability. Our sessions are 2.5 hours. Hourly pay is approximately £25.00, dependent on qualifications. The ESOL department at Leeds City College is a grade 1 department. Our Adult provision was graded as Outstanding by Ofsted in May 2022. In 2021-22 there were over 4500 students with a team of 100, bringing education and life-changing experiences to our ESOL students. ESOL adults are some of our most vulnerable citizens and account for the largest populations in our poorest Wards in Leeds. The ESOL team are based predominantly at the Enfield Centre, and with 16-19 (sixth form) groups in North Street, and smaller provision at Beeston, Deacon House and some outreach centres. We teach Mon-Thurs from 09:30-21:00 and Fridays/ Saturdays from 09:30-15:00. Teaching up to two evenings or/and Saturdays may be required. Also some off-site teaching at Deacon House, LS14.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You will plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans.
- You will develop the essential knowledge and understanding to teach ESOL learners.
- You will create individual SMART learning targets linked to learner study programme/course.
- You will monitor students to achieve their targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- You should hold a L5 Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE, Delta). Celta is not recognised in the UK as a full teaching qualification, but successful applicants can be supported to complete a L5 Teaching Qualification with the college with department financial support.
- You should have a relevant degree in English or maths, or similar.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information regarding this role, you can contact:
Dr. Stephen Woulds
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.