Dean of Higher Education
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Kia Car Scheme
Stoney Street, Nottingham, NG1 1NG
Church Street, Stapleford, Nottingham, NG9 8GA
664 Nuthall Road, Basford, Nottingham, NG8 6AQ
111 Canal Street, Nottingham, NG1 7HB
High Pavement Sixth Form
Chaucer Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LP
Jesse Boot Avenue, Science Park, University Boulevard, Nottingham, NG7 2RU
London Road, Nottingham, NG2 3DX
Ruddington Fields Business Park, Ruddington, Nottingham, NG11 6JZ
14-16 Wheeler Gate, Nottingham, NG1 2NB
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an inspiring Dean of Higher Education to will provide strong leadership of the academic and student experience within higher education at Nottingham College.
Working alongside Heads of Centre, you will be responsible for developing and executing the higher education strategy. The colleges HE provision must be positioned to grow student numbers and meet the challenges ahead.
You will also be responsible for the Academic Office and work with Heads of Centre and faculty managers to ensure at all times that targets are achieved, quality is continually enhanced, and returns are made to deadline. They will ensure effective partnership and engagement with the student body as a key feature of this role is to ensure excellent student satisfaction and experience.
General Duties and Responsibilities
1. Developing and delivering higher education programmes, in collaboration with curriculum managers and HE course leaders, that meets the college’s high academic standards and responds to local, regional and national skills needs priorities.
2. Working closely with the marketing team to promote the college’s higher education offer to drive student recruitment and meet targets.
3. Through collaboration with the apprenticeship team, leading on the development of higher and degree apprenticeship and promoting the expansion of higher technical qualifications.
4. Inspiring a high-performance academic culture across the college, showcasing areas of best practice. In collaboration with the Operational development team, build a training and collaborative activity programme for higher education curriculum staff and actively promoting scholarly activity and industry updating.
5. Leading on the development, delivery, and evaluation of teaching, learning and assessment strategies within HE and embedding the teaching excellence framework to secure positive outcomes.
The post will be shortlisted against the essential and desirable criteria at application stage from the person specification. Please ensure that you have a look at this specification attached and complete your expression of interest linked to the profile and job description.
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact email@example.com or 07999 533612
Interviews/assessments are planned for 11 January 2022.
Our values mean we work together, as One Team. As One Team in our commitment to creating an inclusive environment, promoting inclusivity and respect with a culture that supports our college community of staff and students to achieve their full potential and celebrate all aspects of diversity. Achieving our aim to be an employer of choice will be through striving to lead an environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
We believe that a diverse workforce leads to an organisation that is more innovative, more creative and gets better results. We want our workforce to represent the diversity of the people and communities that we serve. We also want our workplace to be one where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop. We are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.