Work Placement Officer
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Duration: This role is fixed term until 31 March 2023.
Location: Castleford College, including visits to placement sites
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Student Experience team as a Work Placement Officer. Work placements are an essential part of the 16-18 Study Programme, and it is crucial that our students receive access to a meaningful work placement that has a positive impact on their programme of learning.
As a Work Placement Officer, you will have a pivotal role in liaising with employers to ensure that students achieve their potential and are prepared for not only college life, but for life and work beyond college. You will find and explore opportunities for student work placements, build strong relationships with employers and promote the value of work experience with students to enhance their progression opportunities.
This is a very diverse role where you will be liaising with lots of different staff and stakeholders with the student at the heart of the role.
As a Work Placement Officer, you should:
- Hold a Level 3 qualification
- Have GCSE grade A* - C / 9 – 4 or level 2 equivalent in English and Maths
- Have experience of working with employers in an educational or training setting
- Have experience of negotiating and setting up agreements with stakeholders
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills and proficient with Microsoft Office packages
- The ability to identify and suggest improvements to procedures and systems
- A customer-focussed approach and a commitment to providing a quality service
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for and would like to join us please click ‘Apply Now’, we’d love to hear from you.
For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed….
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities
- Good Pension Scheme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme, with lots of initiatives to support mental health and wellbeing
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
- Sociable, feel good days and celebration events
Closing date: Monday 12th December 2022
The Heart of Yorkshire Education Group is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.