Programme Tutor - Electrical
Want to be part of something big?
Fantastic Opportunity for an experienced Electrical Installation Professional - Programme Tutor or Tutor/Assessor.
2 Positions available.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Faculty of Construction to appoint a Programme Tutor (or Tutor/Assessor) to support our learners in Electrical Installation.
The successful applicant will have an opportunity to develop their passion for education, playing a pivotal role in the continued development and delivery of the innovative teaching. You should have an excellent understanding of what makes learning engaging, and in addition you’ll have excellent ‘front of house’ skills and be excited about promoting our provision at a variety of events.
You will be expected to:
- Teach to a high standard, and develop the relevant skills to teach truly outstanding provision
- Work with colleagues to create provision that excites and stimulates demand
The successful candidate will:
- Be a motivated and experienced and qualified Tutor or Tutor/Assessor who has a proven track record of providing learning and assessment in this sector.
- Be qualified to a minimum of Level 3 as an Electrical Installation educator or advanced craft certificate in Electrical, and ideally have assessor qualifications and knowledge of the Apprenticeship Standard.
- Have experience of supporting the development of up to date knowledge, skills and behaviours relating to the key priorities for the construction sector and have a good appreciation of employer skills needs.
- Have a commitment to providing high quality learning to enable all learners to achieve their full potential.
- Have the ability to truly work as a team player.
- Possess outstanding organisational and interpersonal skills.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, not only will you benefit from an annual reviewed salary but have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Car Scheme
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon
Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work”. We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Any appointments will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and a check of the DfE Barred List
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.