Accounting and Finance Lecturer
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Lecturer in Accounting and Financial Services who is able to contribute to the successful delivery of the BA (Hons) Accounting and Financial Services and also contribute to the development of the wider business and accounting portfolio.
As Lecturer, you will be responsible for the teaching of a range of modules within the discipline. You will be an enthusiastic and friendly professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills coupled with a commitment to providing an excellent student experience. The successful candidate will ideally possess a professional accounting qualification from one of the major accounting bodies (ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CIPFA, AAT) or a Master’s degree in a related discipline and will be expected to undertake a range of teaching, course management and student support duties across our growing accounting, finance and business provision. We are looking for someone with the drive and ambition to contribute to the growth of the faculty, the ability to engage local and regional employers and the commitment to support our students to achieve their potential. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to develop their academic career in a small and friendly environment and to make a genuine impact upon the lives of our students and their families.
- Good honours degree in a relevant discipline
- 2 years industry experience
- Professional accounting qualification and/or Masters qualification in a related discipline.
- A recognised teaching qualification (or willingness to train for this and achieve within 2
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy or willingness to seek recognition within 2 years.
- Experience of teaching Higher Education courses and/or professional accounting
- Experience of partnership activities and employer engagement activities.
- Track record as an effective and innovative teacher.
- Good understanding of student needs and a track record of developing and delivering high quality outcomes for students.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the curriculum specialism including professional links.
- Evidence of providing a high-quality learning experience including effective use of learning technologies in delivery and design.
- Experience of raising recruitment, retention and achievement rates of students.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, not only will you benefit from an annual reviewed salary but have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Car Scheme
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon
Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work”. We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Any appointments will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and a check of the DfE Barred List
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- Oldham College
- £34,886-£39,241 per annum, pro rata
- Subject Area
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Part Time