Senior Science Technician
We have a fantastic opportunity for a keen scientist based at our Bedford Sixth Form campus, taking up the role of Senior Science Technician in our labs, become a key member of our science team.
As a Senior Science Technician, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Supporting teaching and learning of science in our labs, with a focus on chemistry and supporting the delivery of practical sessions to provide a valuable learning experience to students
- Overseeing the safe and efficient running of the science preparation rooms
Our ideal candidates will have experience of a similar role in an educational setting, with knowledge of H&S procedures, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 2 or equivalent Science qualifications or equivalent
- Level 2 or equivalent English and Maths
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (0.78485 FTE) / 35 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- £18,329 -£21,287 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Full Time