SEND Team Lead (LCC3608)
WHAT WE DO
The SEND department is a specialist department within a large educational establishment, ensuring that as a college we meet the support needs of all of our students, work with parents, carers, many multi-agency teams and young people to support the specific support needs documented in EHCPs in order to help young people fulfil their educational potential. This role requires an experienced SEND professional to lead on the placement and support of students with Educational Health Care Plans, SEND and ALS needs across a specific campus/cohort. You will be an operational main point of contact with parents and curriculum staff, make a contribution towards positive outcomes for disadvantaged and vulnerable students, and line manage a highly effective team within the SEND department.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support with the annual review process by chairing meetings and completing paperwork that meets the Local Authority standards and within statutory timelines.
- Ensure delivery of support in line with assessed needs and funding Line management and leadership of identified staff.
- Extensive and proven experience of working with students who have high needs / SEND and the implementation of appropriate support strategies.
- Successful and proven experience of managing, leading, mentoring, training and supporting staff whilst developing and maintaining professional relationships.
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of current safeguarding legislation. in relation to SEND / High Needs learners.
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of current Government SEND legislation/guidance related to transition, education, social care and health.
For more information please contact:
- Nathan Edwards
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.