Learning Support Assistant (Part Time) (Reduced Year) (Fixed Term) (LCC3665)
WHAT WE DO
The school of Land and Animal is looking for a highly motivated Learning Support Assistants to work with our students in both practical and theory lessons. This is a fantastic opportunity if you enjoy working with animals and you are able to support students who complete practical activities at Temple Newsam on Home Farm there will also be the required to support at Printworks campus. The ideal candidate will enjoy working both in and outdoors. You should have knowledge of SEND learners and have experience within a classroom setting. You would identify strategies to promote independence and ensure information on progress is recorded accurately. You will be working alongside a team of highly skilled and experienced vocational teachers in a department self-assessed as Outstanding.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will support learners in practical and theory lessons
- You will provide targeted academic support to meet the needs of identified learners.
- You will complete reports
- You will keep accurate and timely support logs.
- You should be educated to Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy
- You should have Practitioners Qualification, working towards a teaching qualification or willingness to
- You should have knowledge of SEND legislation
- You should have good oral and written communication skills
- You should have good basic IT skills
- YOu should be able to assist with personal care/Medical provisions including requirements of wheelchair users -
- You should have an understanding of GDPR and how that impacts on this role
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.