ilearn Mentor (Reduced Year) (LUM286)
5 days left
- Full Time
x3 Posts Available, Reduced Year
x1 Post: 22.5 hours, 40 weeks
x1 Post: 37 hours, 40 weeks
x1 Post: 37 hours, 40 weeks
WHAT WE DO
We are the Independent Learning team for Leeds City College. We are a new team within the college and we are here to support students to develop their independent learning skills and achieve personal goals.
We are looking for someone to join our team as a mentor who plays an integral role in delivering in session and 121 sessions to students. We are looking for someone who has the experience and the ability to connect with students and provide the best possible service to support their learning and become independent. The impact of the mentors on campus at the moment is paramount in supporting students, coaching tutors, teachers and curriculums.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support and deliver 121 sessions to students to develop their independent skills.
- Plan, tailor and deliver sessions in class to students of all abilities to support their studies and development.
- Differentiate the offer of ilearn to curriculums and research and develop your understanding by engaging with the curriculum teams.
- Engage and promote our offer to all departments involved to signpost students to get the best support available.
- Supporting our strategy for growth by consistently reporting and reviewing the progress of sessions and performance.
- Review processes and make recommendations for process improvement, making the best use of IT and online systems.
- Have an ability to communicate and engage with students and curriculum staff at all levels, ensuring relationships are enhanced and collaborative experiences and opportunities are realised.
- Knowledge and extensive experience of skills building in a student or using all medians. e.g. Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience with Google applications eg. Docs, Slides and Sheets.
- Experience of working with colleagues in a cross-departmental / multi-disciplinary delivery role.
- Experience in influencing and supporting students to achieve the best by stretching and challenging by reviewing progress and achieving improved outcomes.
- Ability to use your own initiative and feedback to improve performance and success of our sessions on a 121 basis and in class.
For further information please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.