Food Service Assistant (Part Time, Reduced Year) (LUM282)
WHAT WE DO
The food services and catering department are at the heart of the student experience and it is our shared aim that we provide an environment that creates a better future through inspirational actions that will change lives. The values that guide us as a team are, trust, integrity, compassion, fairness and inclusion and these values guide us throughout our working day. The catering department is a fast paced, hard working environment but one that is underpinned by optimism and fun.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- To ensure the customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
- To project a willing and helpful attitude to customers at all times, seek appropriate knowledge of food items, and keep service areas clean and fully stocked.
- To assist the Chef Manager in food preparation.
- Stock & clean vending machines.
- Use of an EPOS till.
- To maintain the highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene in all areas of the café and cooking areas, including washing up and cleaning of equipment.
- To ensure food safety requirements are adhered to at all times and all due diligence records are completed accurately.
- Be prepared to work within any of the Colleges outlets.
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of the post, which may be required from time to time.
- Responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Relevant up to date knowledge of catering and hospitality
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of working within a refectory / canteen facility
- Ability to follow food hygiene systems and monitor due diligence records
- Experience in using a till and dealing with cash and credit cards
- Ability to use own initiative and create opportunities for upselling products
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and customers
- Relates effectively to others, both one to one and in teams.
- Able to effectively and positively deal with customers and increase sales through effective retailing.
- Continually exuding optimism and a ‘can do’ attitude
For further information please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.