Safeguarding Officer (LUM295)
WHAT WE DO
The Student Life team is responsible for the personal development, behaviour and attitude of all our Further Education students.
We directly deliver services to students - safeguarding, mental health and wellbeing are at the centre of what we do. The safeguarding team sits within the wider student life team and we work closely with curriculum departments to ensure arrangements are in place to effectively safeguard students. Our personal development programme for students was judged as outstanding in our recent Ofsted Inspection. Learners and apprentices feel welcome, safe and secure at all college sites. Our arrangements for safeguarding are effective and our safeguarding officers swiftly take appropriate actions to mitigate safeguarding risks.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage a caseload of students where there is a safeguarding concern
- Record all work accurately and in a timely manner on the CPOMS system.
- Provide supervision to designated safeguarding officers in curriculum departments.
- Monitor and review support for vulnerable students providing expertise and information as required.
- Plan and deliver staff training on a range of different safeguarding topics
- Monitor the recording and reporting of safeguarding referrals on campus, using appropriate client record and MIS systems, ensuring processes are followed.
- Act as a point of contact for external agencies and attend external meetings as required.
- Lead and contribute to cross college campaigns on a range of different safeguarding topics working closely with curriculum teams, the marketing team and student union.
- Level 2 Safeguarding trained.
- A recognised qualification in at least one area of expertise in safeguarding, health and care to a minimum of NVQ 3 or equivalent, or substantial experience.
- Recent experience working as a designated safeguarding officer.
- Experience of working with vulnerable groups in an educational setting.
- Up to date knowledge and experience of a range of safeguarding issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a good listener who is non-judgemental and able to be adaptable to the needs of staff and students.
For further information please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.